Introduction to The PTA
All Parents, Guardians & Staff are members of the PTA, and are welcome to any committee meetings. Next PTA meeting:
Monday 26th November, 7.30pm @ The Harrow
Firstly, we want to welcome everyone back, and a special warm welcome to our reception children and parents. With school budgets stretched we have a long list of funding support requests….so fingers crossed for another successful year of fundraising.
We want to use our first update of the year to highlight how much we raised last year, to let you know how the school used our donations, and to give you a taster of what is to come.
The PTA raised £13,082
for the year 2017/2018 and £11,563
was donated to the school! This went towards funding for the mile a day track, curriculum donations for items such as software licences, cracking comprehension, new lunchtime trays and Marvel Comics subscription. Full details of our accounts from the AGM can be seen in the presentation below if you want a more detailed summary.
Christmas Card Orders
Your children may have come home saying that they have been designing Christmas cards in September! We know that you may not be in the Christmas mood yet but by getting our orders in early it means that the costs of the cards are cheaper, which is great news for everyone. Proofs will be coming home shortly and need to be received back by 15th Oct.
School Decorating - Saturday 17th Nov
If anyone has been through the main corridor of the school recently, you may have noticed that it is in need of a lick of paint. There isn't any school budget to pay decorators, and so the PTA have offered to pay for the paint and are requesting an army of volunteers to provide the decorating manpower. If you could spare some time the morning of Saturday 17th Nov, then please come along to help brighten up the school. Bacon butties and tea/coffee will be provided!
Wanborough Primary PTA Needs You!!
You may have seen the plea on our Facebook page, asking for much needed help. The school has a large list of additional funding requirements, which the PTA hope to be able to financially support. However, our small PTA Committee needs more assistance to enable us to rise to this challenge. We want to be able to put on a wide programme of events to bring the community together, to have fun, and raise much needed funds for the school.
There are a number of ways you can help:
Events for 2018-19
- Join the Committee - we meet once a month (in a local pub) to plan and organise the programme of events and allocate funds raised to the school.
- Join the volunteer network - we appreciate that juggling work, children, and a family home is hard work and leaves very little free time. Our volunteers are essential to ensure our fund-raising events run smoothly. Whether it's setting up and packing away at the end of the night, 30mins on the bar/face art/sweet stall/refreshments etc, our volunteers really are indispensable.
- Charitable donations co-ordination - we are desperately seeking volunteers to explore how we can use Gift Aid and corporate donation programmes to boost our fund-raising efforts
Date for the Diary - KS1/Reception Disco on Friday 9th November 6.15pm-8pm
- 15th Oct - Xmas Cards order
- 9th Nov - Reception/KS1 Disco
- 29th Nov - Bag2School
- 18th Jan - Film Night
- 9th Feb - Quiz Night
- 29th March - Mother's Day Prosecco Night
- 5th April - Easter Bake Sale
- May - Bag2School
- 17th May - KS2 Disco
- 19th June - Sports Day Refreshments
- 22nd/29th June - Fete (please vote on our Facebook page for the best date for you)
We need volunteers to help on stalls/set up/pack away, so please contact us on email@example.com
if you can help.
On Monday 24th September the PTA held its AGM.
You can see the presentation about the PTA's activities last year by clicking the image below.
We continue to plug the Easyfundraising service as it is such a quick and simple way to raise money. Please register at www.easyfundraising.org.uk/invite/UXYA85
. Once registered, every time you shop online at any of the thousands of retailers available, the PTA receive a donation. You can also download an app so you can shop on the move.
Please remember to follow us on our new Facebook page ‘Wanborough Primary PTA’. We regularly post new events or updates on fundraising activities and so if you can’t wait until the next school newsletter to see what we have been up to, please visit us here.
We would like to thank everyone at the school for your continued support over the past year and we hope next year will bring many more exciting fundraising activities to help make a difference to all our children.