This is a concept relating to our motto "We all grow from here."
With a play on the word GROW, we have identified four key areas we want to bring to the heart of everything we do and what Wanborough Primary School will aspire to improve and achieve further upon.
Goals - Resilience - Outstanding - Wonder
GROW has been introduced across all elements of Wanborough Primary School with children, staff, governors and parents all having their part to play to keep the school improving in provision and outcomes.
Below is the Parents' charter which I hope you read and reflect upon. We are very fortunate to have the parental support we have and this summary hopefully encapsulates a lot of the good things already within our school culture.
To demonstrate a clear set of expectations and behaviours our school aspires to.
To remind all stakeholders of their roles and responsibilities in maximising the school's potential.
To become embedded in our school culture.
- Learning Experiences
- Setting Goals / Targets
- Reward Systems
- Personal Development
- Celebrating Success
- Prepare Children for School
- Discuss School Experiences with Children
- Celebrating Achievements
- Parents Evenings
- Termly and Annual Reports
- Lesson Planning
- Teaching and Learning
- Performance Management
- Curriculum and Subject Action plans
- Professional Development
- School Aims and Values
- Shape Strategic Decision Making
- School Improvement Plan
- Commitment to Working Towards Outstanding
- Improving Provision
- Ensuring Accountability
GROW - Parents
Your child needs your help to succeed as they progress through the school.
As a supportive parent you will support your child's social, moral, cultural and academic growth by:
- Being a driving force in your child's goals and aspirations
- Know your child's targets and talk about them at home.
- Allow your child to dream and aim high in all that they do.
- Show your child that you value education and learning by encouraging homework to be completed on time and to a high standard.
- Promote a safe environment and a culture of respect for school property and for one another.
- Encourage your child to tackle challenges, obstacles and adversity with zest and vigour
- Help your child to overcome their fears by encouraging them to take risks and seek new challenges out of their comfort zones.
- Encourage your child to learn to adapt to a forever changing environment.
- Teach your child about perseverance and never giving up.
- Encourage your child to build positive relationships with those around them, but understand that everyone is different.
- Sharing our high expectations for your child's learning and behaviour
- Help us celebrate your child's achievements with you by attending parents' evenings and curriculum workshops where possible.
- Back the school policies - they are there for the good of the pupils.
- Help us improve from 'Good' to 'Outstanding' by understanding our goals and maintaining good communication with the school and raising any concerns promptly.
- All our children are amazing! Show pride in their success and in the school's achievements.
- Admire the skills, talents and successful learning of all pupils.
- Listen to your child read and feed their imagination through the wonder of books.
- Indulge your child's curiosity by allowing them to try various after school activities.
- Attend school performances